Monday, February 11, 2008

Cheap Grace


A friend said to me recently that we oftentimes can sing what we cannot say. What he said birthed something in my heart as I have always believed music to be a powerfull tool for sharing the Good News of the Gospel. What follows is my first attempt at writing. My song writing partners and I have yet to put it to music but will do so in the next week or so. In the meantime I hope the lyrics speak to you.

CHEAP GRACE
Today I saw the woman that the townfolk call cheap Grace,
The one the churchfolk said was going to hell and that in heaven she had no place,
She wouldn't look me in the eyes, she kept her head turned to the ground,
But then she heard the voice of her Saviour and oh what a loving sound ...
He said, Grace there is nothing cheap about you,
My redeeming blood declares your worth,
the value of anything is determined, by what someone is willing to pay,
So don't listen to what they tell you, Just listen to what I say
There is nothing cheap about Grace
Today I saw the woman that the townfolk call cheap Grace,
There was a sweetness in her voice and a glow upon her face
She had her head lifted up, she looked me in my eyes,
When I asked just what had happened to her, she began to cry
She said, There is nothing cheap about God's Grace,
He loves me the same as He loves you,
His redeeming blood is what declares my value,
Yes I know He loves me and I know He loves you too
There is nothing cheap, there is nothing cheap,
There is nothing cheap about God'sGrace
Then she began to sing .....
Jesus loves me this I know,
For in my heart He tells me so,
Each one of us to him belong,
In Him I'm Holy, pure and strong ...
Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
In my heart He tells me so

4 comments:

Kevin Beck said...

Hi Bruce,
I love your new blog. "Clear Sound." What a great name and a beautiful image. I think you'll have some great stuff here.

BTW, your dog is beautiful.

Blessings,
Kevin

Kevin Beck said...

Also,
I'm eager to hear the song when its set to music.

One final thought, anyone who complains about chap grace might be right. Grace ain't cheap. It's free!

Much Love

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I would like to point you to: boldgrace.com

I think you might find some things to your liking there as well as links to like blogs.

Green Sheaves said...

I too, would love to hear this song.
Hi Bruce, an excellent blog. I just read through it all during my lunch break. You have been busy!
Serious, well thought out. You should be applauded for content and writing style. I wish I could write as well.
I shall return often.
martin.